… involves more appliances than you’d think.? Here is how it goes:
– Pack clothes: Realize that 4 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of capris and 3 pairs of jeans have spots of mulch, grass and mud on them. You can see we spent last weekend gardening and changing attires more frequently than Bollywood actors.
Wash jeans and shorts in washing machine.
– Pack cellphone charger. Check cellphone for messages. Pack cellphone, even though most of the trip is going to be spent miles away from cellphone towers.?? (Check obsessively during the return journey and call up a friend the moment you see a single bar on the cellphone).
– Pack snacks for the road: The pantry is filled with munchies. They are not enough, so buy a big bag of snacks exclusively “for the trip”.? Then decide, in a misguided burst of enthusiasm, to make vegetable puffs for the trip.? (The puffs were praised and polished off in no time by everyone, so maybe they were a good idea, even if they took some time to make).
Bake puffs in oven.
– Pack digital camera. Also take spare batteries and battery charger.? Charge spare batteries in battery charger for a few hours.? Also pack tripod and 2 sets of binoculars.
– Prepare a late lunch (and take some food for the trip – we would be in a cabin in the middle of the forest).? Use microwave, cooktop.
– Check mail, feed reader. See if you can even blog.? Wonder if you should take the laptop along.? Regretfully leave it at home.
– Have lunch and load up dishwasher before leaving the house.
– Set security alarm.
I wonder who needed the vacation more – me or my appliances?